Frank Ocean Opens Up About Coming Out

Frank Ocean Opens Up About Coming Out



In an exclusive interview with The Guardian , the singer addresses his decision to come out on Tumblr saying, “I'm happy when I wake up in the morning.”

"[It was] about my own sanity and my ability to feel like I'm living a life where … I'm happy when I wake up in the morning, and not with this freakin' boulder on my chest," he told the paper.

Image by Karl Walter / Getty Images

"I wished at 13 there was somebody I looked up to who would have said something like that, who would have been transparent in that way."

Image by Karl Walter / Getty Images

"People are just afraid of things too much … Sure, evil exists, extremism exists. Somebody could commit a hate crime and hurt me. But they could do the same just because I'm black. They could do the same just because I'm American."

Image by Karl Walter / Getty Images

The Guardian will publish the entire interview on Saturday, July 21st. Read the rest of their preview here.


View Entire List ›



Read More

            Google+